Sunday, June 26, 2011
Literally that has been the one constant food that I don't have problems with. O and Greek yogurt. It is frustrating how many stuck episodes I have had. I chew religiously but seems that when I wait and have my first meal as lunch I inevitably have problems.
Food that was easily consumed the night before gets stuck the next day.
I am proud of the food choices I have made while at restaurants.
Yesterday my son wanted to go out to lunch before heading to the beach.
I chose grilled chicken breast no skin 1 serving brown beans and a cup of cottage cheese. I only took a couple bites of the cottage cheese and ate half the chicken and almost all the beans. Lunch calories were only 252 calories and over 40 g protein. I later ate the rest of the chicken. It was very yummy.
Woke up early today even though I was skipping Sunday School at church. Im terrible I have my own missions ministry yet I chose to stay home for SS cause our guest speaker was a missionary who wanted both the SS class and the regular service. I opted out lol my bad! Though me and my husky did enjoy a great early morning walk.
Enjoy your day and most of all enjoy your life. Its the only one you get.
Friday, June 24, 2011
1. What’s your favorite room in your house?
It was my great room; Here is a picture at Christmas
2. Picture question (or describe if you don't have a camera). Show us a pic of your current favorite earrings!
Favorite earrings now are just studs. I have 6 in one ear two in other, its hot and dont want to wear my danglies.
3. What’s your dress code at work? If you stay at home and went back to work outside the home, what dress code would you prefer?
Dress code is casual. I work with two dozen construction workers, all men. So if I dress up they think someone died :P yesterday was a short skirt and black top with sandals. If I could dress anyway to work this would be a good look lol. I could really crack the whip then. Some of the guys would like it too.
4. Summarize your week in real life and in blog land.
Real life week consists of waking u around 5-530 am getting to my office at 630 am. Sitting at a desk until 4-5 pm. Coming home cooking the family dinner and unfortunately this week vegetating. I barely get the plants and garden watered and everyday things done around here. In blog land i try and read alot, comment when I can.
Sunday, June 19, 2011
I used the tiller in the garden and hoe'd and raked for a total of 3 hours with a few breaks sitting in the shade. I sweated like a pig. Good for the pores :P But late that night had some pain in my port area. I am taking a break and not exercising today. Totally going to veg.
I am trying to really focus on what I want in my life.
So many hidden things to discover about why I got in this position.
Some things I discover and deal with probably wont be pleasant but at same time.
I know it has to be more than just eating bad.
Here is to self discovery. Even if it might be difficult and hard to face.
Saturday, June 18, 2011
Chicken Wing Arms
Overhead Triceps Extensions
1. Stand upright, with your feet shoulder width apart.
2. Hold your dumbbell directly above your head with arm fully extended. Clasp elbow with free hand for support.
3. Slowly let your elbow fold so the dumbbell is lowered behind your head.
4. Extend your arm back to the starting position. Repeat for the desired number of reps and switch arms.
1. Lie flat on a bench. Hold the dumbbells directly above your chest with palms facing each other.
2. The Dumbbells should be just about touching each other.
3. Keeping your shoulders locked, let your elbows fold so the dumbbells are lowered down to either side of the head.
4. Extend both your arms back to start position and repeat
1. Stand upright next to a bench. Place one arm and leg on the bench. Your upper body should be parallel to the ground.
2. Holding the dumbbell raise your elbow so your upper arm is parallel to the ground. Your elbow should be bent at right angles.
3. Extend your elbow so your entire arm is parallel to the ground.
4. Slowly return to the start position and repeat for the desired number of reps before changing arms
1. Lie face down on the floor with your hands palm down, fingers pointing straight ahead, and aligned at the nipple line.
2. Place your hands in the centre of your chest and form a diamond shape with your index fingers and thumbs.
3. Your feet should be at hip width with your toes on floor.
4. Extend the elbows and raise your body off the floor.
5. Lower your entire body (legs, hips, trunk, and head) 4-8 inches from the floor.
6. Return to the start position by extending at the elbows and pushing your body up.
7. Remember to keep the head and trunk stabilized and in a neutral position by isometrically contracting the abdominal and back muscles.
8. Never fully lock out the elbows at the start position and avoid hyperextension of the low back.
Friday, June 17, 2011
Wednesday, June 15, 2011
Today was my first fill. Yippie cause I was starting to have real hunger issues last few days.
I had 3 cc by the time I left the doctors office.First she filled me to 4 then when nothing passed backed out of it until she settled for a 3. Hope this goes well. Watching the process of liquid pass slowly really gives you perspective on your lap band as a tool. I have to chew like never before after watching how liquid has a hard time passng.
They also have put me on a strict diet in my opinion.
Not so much counting calories but actually telling me what to eat and when.
Breakfast: either two eggs cooked with a little olive oil or pam or my Atkins bar :)
Lunch: Salad w/protein. She said no dressing except a little olive oil. I talked her into a little spritx of like rasberry vinegar or cider vinegar also.
Dinner: Protein and a vegetable.
Snacks: 1/4 c. almonds or piece of fruit.
Seems pretty hardcore :) Im already doing that but I guess being told what to do. I am rebellious and I shouldnt be.
Some interesting things was watchig my pouch expand when the fluid wouldt pass.
That was pretty awesome. Just like filliig a balloon with air.
What I hate is the liquid diet but it is necessary and useful.
Boy am I glad I had a mini omelette for breakfast :P
Saturday, June 11, 2011
Tuesday, June 7, 2011
Monday, June 6, 2011
Sunday, June 5, 2011
1 ounce meat, poultry, tofu, etc.
Small matchbox/remote car key
3 ounces meat, poultry, tofu, etc.
Deck of cards/cell phone
8 ounces meat, poultry, tofu, etc.
Slim paperback book
3 ounces fish
1 ounce hard cheese
Saturday, June 4, 2011
Friday, June 3, 2011
Wednesday, June 1, 2011
I am 3 weeks post op and I am told by my dietitian not to diet yet but stay on mushy/ pureed foods.In doing that I am gravitating to not so good food choices like pudding, mashed potatoes and cereals.I'm afraid my mindset wont change. I am not satisfied and feel like eating and am eating more than just those three meals.Not sure what I should do. I haven't gained but hasn't moved either.Just getting over TOM's visit so I'm not sure if that has part to do with it cause it started aroundthe time I got the curse Wondering what others do during this stage?My first fill is scheduled June 15th.